A gluten free pancake/crepe loaded with fiber and protein from coconut flour.
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 3 egg whites
- 1 whole egg
- ½ large banana
- ⅔ cup of vanilla almond, cashew or coconut milk (add more as needed to thin batter out)
- 2 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 1 tablespoon local raw honey
- 1 tablespoon organic coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla
- dash of cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- coconut oil for the pan
1. Add all wet ingredients (almond milk, eggs, banana, and vanilla) in a large mixing bowl for beating or put in your Vitamix for a quick blend.
2. Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with your dry ingredients.
3. Stir until well combined.
4. Grease a large skillet with coconut oil.
5. Pour about ¼-1/2 cup of the pancake batter onto the skillet (on medium heat)- you can adjust this amount depending on how large/small you like your pancakes.
6. Cook until the right side up has small bubbles escaping.
7. Flip and finish cooking until both sides are golden brown and fluffy.
8. Note: these are very delicate so flip carefully.
Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Share your thoughts!
Have you tried these?
What is your favorite crepe stuffer?