Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
I’ve been homesick for my Pap’s banana bread lately and since he is with our heavenly Father now, it’s up to me to make my own! Especially if I want it to be gluten and grain free! Here’s a delicious version of homemade chocolate chip banana bread. It’s not as big and thick- rather it’s a bit dense, although is still oh so delicious and won’t cause a reaction for me and for many others who follow a gluten free diet.
•¾ cup almond flour/meal
•½ cup coconut flour
•1 tsp baking soda
•½ tsp baking powder
•¼ tsp salt
•½ cup honey
•1 Tbs vanilla
•½ cup coconut milk
•2 Tbs coconut oil (melted)
•2 mashed bananas ( this was ½ cup of mashed bananas for me)
•½ cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line a small metal loaf pan with wax paper.
3. In bowl 1, mix the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt with a fork. Set the bowl aside.
4. In bowl 2, mix the eggs, honey, vanilla, and coconut milk with an electric mixer until well mixed. Add the melted coconut oil to the bowl and mix with the electric mixer until well blended. Add the mashed banana to the bowl and mix with the electric mixer until well blended.
5. Put bowl 1 into bowl 2 and mix with an electric mixer.
6. Fold most of the ½ cup of chocolate chips into the batter. Leave some to the side to put on top of the batter.
7. Pour the batter into a lined loaf pan and then pat the top of the batter with a spoon to make sure it is flat. Place some of the chocolate chips on top of the batter and push down with a spoon.
8. Bake for 40 minutes.