Chilled cucumber soup
In the heat of the summer our appetite can sometimes dwindle- leaving us at risk for not only dehydration but also nutrient depletion. Cold soups are a great way to not only beat the summer heat but also soothe and nourish our body!
• 2 medium sized cucumbers (or 1 long English cuc)
• 1/2 avocado (approx 1/2 cup)
• 1 handful fresh basil (or baby spinach)
• 1/2 cup water (or almond milk)
• 1 TBS olive oil
• 1/2 TBS coconut vinegar (or 1 TBS lime juice)
• small handful of or combo of: dill, cilantro, parsley, or other green herbs.
• optional: 1/2 jalapeno (adjust heat to your liking)
• optional: 2 stalks celery (replaces need for salt)
Makes enough for 2 large bowls.
Garnish for Each Bowl:
• 1 TBS hemp seeds
• 1 TBS cold pressed oil (pumpkin, flax, olive)
• 1 TBS fresh chopped herbs
• optional: sea salt & pepper
• optional: sunflower sprouts or microgreens
Blend soup ingredients together in a high speed blender. Chill for a couple hours, or eat right away. Garnish & enjoy!
Recipe from: BettyRawker.com
Do you like cold soups? Which ones are your favorite?
Share your thoughts!