Can food affect your mood?
Did you know you know that eating that piece of cake or pie can make you tired or depressed and that eating more veggies can fill you with energy and vitality?
A change of diet can significantly improve a person’s mental health. This can reduce the likelihood of panic attacks, mood swings, and anxiety or depression. As you eat healthier and your body does not have to deal with and fight off the bad things you eat, it is able to run more efficiently and you feel happier.
Here is a list of foods to add to your diet and foods to avoid:
Non-fat dairy products
Tips to Decrease Sugar Intake
- Replace sugary foods with a healthier sweet treat: fruit, dark chocolate, goji berries, high protein bar like RISE BARS
- Wean yourself off of sweet drinks like sodas & juices
- Replace with water or ½ juice & ½ water mixture to start!
Tips to Decrease Caffeine Intake
- Wean yourself down ½ to one cup less every day
- Replace with Herbal teas or Yerba Mate
- Get more rest
- Get some exercise
- Have a small snack
Tips to Get In More Water
- Bring water bottles (preferably glass or stainless steel) with you whenever you go (in your car, at work, by your bed).
- Never let an entire hour pass without drinking some water.
- Drink a glass of water instead of your afternoon coffee or soda
- Add sliced fruit to make water tasty
Tips to Not Skip Meals
- Plan your meals & snacks
- Have healthy foods available
- Don’t let 3-4 hours go by without eating- Unless your done eating for the day!
Tips for Avoiding Artificial Sweeteners
- Avoid “diet” foods & drinks
- Have small amounts of the real thing or stevia or monk fruit sweetened foods/drinks
- Check labels for aspartame, saccharin, Splenda, sorbitol, etc. and AVOID!
Tips for Weaning Out GLUTEN
- Learn more about it! It’s like a RAKE to our digestive tract! aka…not good!
- If you weren’t able to catch the video tutorial on gluten, check it out at- https://www.livingfresh.org/getmeglutenfree/
- Replace all items with wheat flour in your house with gluten free options
- Replace soy sauce with Tinyada gluten-free soy sauce or liquid or coconut aminos
- Purchase GLUTENZA (from NuMedica) and take one capsule every time you think you’re eating something with gluten and every time you go out to eat!
- To purchase- CLICK HERE
- Referral code: 28997
INCREASE YOUR INTAKE OF NUTRIENTS THAT AFFECT YOUR MOOD
- Normalizes mood-
- Selenium: Brazil nuts, sunflower seeds
- Improves memory & concentration-
- Choline (a B complex vitamin): Eggs & Mushrooms
- Helps relieve depression-
- Vitamin B6: Chicken, Tuna, Shrimp, Bananas, Avocados, Brown rice
- Vitamin C: Citrus fruits, Broccoli, Peppers
- Folic Acid: Cooked spinach/other leafy greens, Beans
- Zinc: Oysters, Red meat, Poultry, Beans, Nuts, Seafood
TAKE A MULTIVITAMIN & FISH OIL SUPPLEMENT
Not getting enough vitamins, minerals and essential fatty acids (omega 3 oils) in your diet can have an effect on your mood too. Try to eat more oily fish, such as salmon, sardines and mackerel, which are high in omega 3 fatty acids and also help the brain function more efficiently.
Supplements are NOT FDA regulated, so to make certain you are getting enough of the right nutrients without harmful additives, binders or fillers, purchase from pharmaceutical-grade companies. Metagenics is one of the very best! Click here for a portal link (with free shipping and 20% off first order) to order quality supplements that you can ensure will do your body good! The PhytoMulti and Omegagenics 720 are both phenomenal products to include in your daily regimen for not only improved mood but improved overall health!
Eat more fat!
Low fat diets can make you depressed. Research has linked diets that drastically cut down on all types of fat with an increase in symptoms of depression. Instead, eat more quality fats throughout your day like, olives, avocado, coconut oil, nuts/seeds, grass-fed meats/butters and olive oil (California).
Everything you put in your body has a chemical effect, which is why food can affect your mood. Chemicals in the brain can be influenced by what we eat, which can lead to changes in the way we think, feel and behave. Why complicate things by introducing foods into your body that don’t make you feel good. Make life simple. Eat good, feel good.
Curious as to how to find out what the right foods, lifestyle habits and supplements are to support your particular body?
Not sure? TEXT 954-205-2334 to set up a call with me, and we’ll chat more to discover the best approach for YOU!
Easy, Quick Dinners! | Natural & Clean High-end Beauty & Baby Products | Juice Plus Supplements & Tower Garden | DoTerra Essential Oils & Products | Holistic At-Home Allergy Kit| Kitchen Supplies, Water Filtration & More | The Complete Detox Program | Metagenics Supplements | NuMedica Supplements | High Quality Supplements | Genetic Testing- 23 & Me